Kitsuhana brings foxes together to share, connect and communicate.

Hey all,

For lack of discussion threads in this category, I thought I'd go ahead and reach out to those here who identify as a nogitsune in particular. I myself have identified as both a nogitsune and the general umbrella term, Kitsune, but I'm curious as to the reasoning others may have for identifying with the field foxes.

Personally, my reasoning is that I don't feel any sort of celestial affiliation, and I've always considered myself neutral in terms of morality, if not also a little chaotic.

Also, I'd like to know what other nogitsune think about their moral alignment in general. Kitsune overall are described as being amoral, which makes discerning "good" or "bad" difficult, although I believe that the consensus that nogitsune are malevolent comes from the reasoning that they're not aligned with the celestial foxes, and therefore must be "bad."

In my opinion, however, this would only imply that nogitsune don't have to adhere to a certain moral code, and so they can fall anywhere on the moral spectrum, from a human perspective. Of course, without a definite moral code, they're more likely to be mischievous, but they don't seem to have any motivation to be malevolent.

Anyway, these opinions are derived from several resources that I've gone through over the years, but it's possible that I overlooked some key facts about their nature.

So feel free to discuss, ask me questions, or point out errors in my reasoning ^_^
We'll see creation come undone,
These bones that bound us will be gone.
We'll stir our spirits 'til we're one,
Then soft as shadows we'll become.
I am loyal to the Jiu Wei Hu--the nine-tailed fox. Other instances of the fox--those who are servile to others gods such as Inari O-kami, or those kept under the yoke of human tenets in general, are secondary to me.

According to various historical accounts, the Jiu Wei Hu was alternatingly a man-eater, worshipped and offered meat sacrifices in pre-Daoist cults, and in touch with the ancient Chinese Empire. Moreover, historical accounts that succeed this, the most venerable of eastern fox legends, seem to imply that foxes are creatures aimed at the attainment of 'transcendence', or 'Xian'-hood, and that they either attain it and ascend by illegitimate means, such as drawing human essence through sex, or by complying with tenets of Buddhism, and returning as 'humans' to do things the "right" way.

There's so much more I could talk about in this one post, but it would carry on forever. The long and short is--By Japanese reasoning, I would be defined as a follower of the wild fox way, the 'nogitsune', and not the 'myobu'. And considering how toxic humans can be, at times, I don't really feel bad about the fact that my archetype may have eaten humans, or tried to surpass their gods.

Nogitsune were 'bad' because they broke social norm--marrying into human culture as outsiders, and seeking illegitimate power, through acts of debauchery and sickness-spreading. They often did these things without being given the sanction of a human-favoring discipline, like Shinto. Only... Japanese believers, in practice, seem to worship the Inari fox, not Inari. So that might have backfired... are 'Myobu' really as 'good' as the Shinto Priesthood pretends? Because actual 'worshippers' of Inari sometimes have terrifying accounts of what they think the Inari-fox is capable of. In a figurative sense, the so-called 'myobu' may have 'eaten' Inari, and taken that god's 'skin' to pose inside of...

Heh, heh, heh.
Last update on January 17, 1:39 pm by Avery F. Romero.
Check out the link below. Specifically, the segment entitled 'Good Fox/Bad Fox/Real Fox'. You start to have doubts about how 'great' so-called 'myobu' are, as well as wondering who and even 'what' the hell Inari really is, now. What is being worshiped at Inari shrines?

Perhaps... so called 'nogitsune', appropriating the worship of the Japanese?

But hey, that's just a theory... >x3
Last update on January 15, 8:23 pm by Avery F. Romero.
Attachments