Kitsuhana brings foxes together to share, connect and communicate.

Viewing Single Post
Thread: Dream Locking?
KD said...

I like the head-trips of supposedly dreaming with another dream. And finding weird words or original names in dreams, is like collecting secret treasures. I used to think they meant something, but they're still fun regardless.

I do not deliberately practice any lucid dreaming techniques, but it is often that I notice the inconsistencies, or simply disagree with the content of my dreams and so will it to be otherwise. Usually my attempts will change things, but not in the way I am intending them to work out. It often feels like a contest of wills. Sometimes I will become frustrated, reject dreaming and wake up. But usually things just transition somewhere else or my alarm goes off. Either way I've ultimately escaped what I didn't like. So it works out for me.

Wish I could be more help.

I think that's the most annoying thing about lucid dreaming for me. Even when I discover I'm dreaming, I'll often fall back under the illusion of the dream before I can do anything significant, or wake up shortly after due to the power rush that comes with being able to do whatever I want.

My failsafe is to close my eyes tightly and then open them while in a dream, it's a sort of 'forcequit' I developed over time. The fact it didn't work was a bit of a shock, though looking back on it it may have been due to tiredness keeping me from waking up too soon.
“Shake paws, count your claws,
You steal mine, I'll borrow yours.
Watch my whiskers, check both ears.
Robber foxes have no fears.”
- Brian Jacques